An online petition calling on the UK government to scrap a planned state visit with Donald Trump has garnered over one million signatures (and counting), far surpassing the number needed for an official response from the government.
The petition calls on Theresa May’s government to rescind the offer for a state visit extended to the US leader, who is expected to meet the Queen when he visits the US’ oldest ally.
The petition, titled “Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the United Kingdom”, says Trump’s conduct make him unsuited to be hosted by the Queen.
“Donald Trump should be allowed to enter the UK in his capacity as head of the US Government, but he should not be invited to make an official State Visit because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.” it reads.
“Donald Trump’s well documented misogyny and vulgarity disqualifies him from being received by Her Majesty the Queen or the Prince of Wales. Therefore during the term of his presidency Donald Trump should not be invited to the United Kingdom for an official State Visit.”
Well over a million people have signed on, a tally which incredibly keeps increasing by the second.
The British government has already responded, saying they would not rescind the invitation, but that’s not stopping people to continue signing the petition.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Kayes century sets up easy Bangladesh cricket win
- Crowds protest latest deadly rebel raid in DR Congo
- Tech: Here's how Google's new $150 Home Hub compares to the Amazon Echo Show (AMZN, GOOGL, GOOG)
- Mahama reduces 2020 election to a boxing match
- Lifestyle: Bella Hadid wore a jean bustier with capris, and her all-denim outfit will give you major 2000s flashbacks
- Olympian Emmanuel Nartey successfully completes his doctoral thesis
- MOFRI organises UN Day unity walk
- Public cautioned on usage of motorway roundabout
- Old Santaclausians in North America refurbish their school library Almamata
- Christian men urged to avail themselves for God's use
- Oshiomhole Cries Out: Powerful Forces Want Me Out Of APC
- Meet Janet A. Owusu: Ghana’s Young Female Graphic Designer
- Pan Africanism: A Desire For Power Or A Desire For Equality?
- B/A: Bra Dea Foundation Gives Mathematical Sets To 5,000 JHS Students
- The Divisive Nature Of Politics In Ghana
- Karpowership Grabs Best Quality Independent Power Plant Of The Year Award
- There is hope for Ghana: But not in what you think
- Dr. Mahamudu Bawumias Twenty Months In Office, And The True State Of Affairs In The Walewale Constituency
- Assemblyman Elect For Korletsom Electoral Area Support His Community With Two(2) Trips Of Sand, Football And A Set Of Jersey
- The Love Of God Constraintineth Us
- How to Make 300,000 lives wretched
- Emmanuel Game Boy Tagoe Wins WBO Africa Lightweight Belt
- Bukom Fist of Fury Boxbiz Hits Bukom With Bukom Banku Leading The Show
- Raphael Dwamena Meets Legendary Real Madrid Striker Raul Gonzalez
- Jeffery Schlupp Plays Full Throttle As Crystal Palace Suffer Defeat To Everton
- AWCON 2018: Adjoa Bayor And Memunatu Sulemana To Assist In Sunday’s Draw
- Be professional - Valerie Sawyerr to Attorney General
- AMAA 2018: I've done well and hoping to win - Seun Ajayi
- AMAA nomination tells how relevant I am - Gideon Okeke
- Lifestyle: Prince Harry rehearsed an important speech in front of only Meghan Markle, and fans are loving the candid photo
- Live updates from AMAA 2018 in Kigali
- Take a look at the 1st photos from AMAA 2018
- AMAA honour late Chris Ekejimbe at 14th edition in Kigali
- Sports: Titans fail to score on game-winning two-point conversion twice to lose heartbreaker to the Chargers in London
- Lifestyle: Hailey Baldwin is trying to trademark the name 'Hailey Bieber' weeks after she and Justin Bieber were reportedly spotted getting a marriage license
- Tech: 3 reasons you should buy the iPhone XS Max instead of the standard iPhone XS (AAPL)
- Tech: It’s time for tech giants to retire the ‘keynote’ — Apple, Google, and others are all making the same mistake with their product launches
- Barcelona have failed to beat Madrid without Messi since 2004
- Tech: A woman spotted her relatives' call for 'HELP' in photos NOAA took of Hurricane Michael's aftermath, and the program could revolutionize the way people are rescued after disasters
- Lifestyle: I traveled the world for 6 months, and here's the single best piece of advice I can give you for any trip you take
- Raphael Dwamena meets legendary Real Madrid striker Raul Gonzalez
- 2018 AWCON: Ghana In Group A Alongside Algeria, Cameroon And Mali