1. His height: Don’t cross someone off your list of potential future mates just because he’s not tall enough. There’s nothing wrong with not being attracted to someone (you can’t force chemistry), but don’t ignore an obvious connection just because he’s not physically the kind of person you normally date or have pictured yourself with.
2. His body type: So he’s not as buff as the last guy you dated. But the last guy you dated was a jerk who didn’t care about you. Looks don’t last anyway.
3. Whether or not he drinks: Instead of freaking out because he doesn’t like to party or enjoys a few drinks here and there, give them a chance. Even if you’re staunchly for or against some habits, you should get to know the person first.
4. If he still lives at home: Tons of Millennials still live at home, so don’t sweat it if a potential love interest is trying to save on bills or pay off college debt. If this is why he’s living at home, that’s probably a good sign — he’s fiscally responsible, which bodes well for his (and potentially your) future.
5. His age: If you like the person you’re with, it shouldn’t matter that he was too young to remember the ’90s or too old to to have watched the same Nickelodeon cartoons as you. What’s important is that you share the same values and are obsessed with each other now. Or, as Owen Wilson says in Wedding Crashers, see him as the counterpoint to your soul.
6. Your gut reaction to his appearance: Whether you are typically drawn to the clean-cut type who gets his shirts professionally laundered or just love a dude with piercings and tattoos, don’t let someone who looks different from your “type” influence your perception of his boyfriend potential.
7. What your friends think: It’s never bad to have your friends and family meet and offer their opinions on your potential life partner, but unless they’re getting serious ax-murderer vibes or perceive a major problem, don’t take it to heart if you disagree. If they think he’s potentially physically or emotionally abusive, you should be listening. If they think he’s kind of loud or annoying or “not talkative enough,” you shouldn’t worry.
8. What he does for a living: Unless his job is something actively horrible, like designated puppy kicker, don’t let it frighten you off. He also might not fit the stereotype of others in his profession. Not all finance guys are total douchebags, after all.
9. How many people he’s slept with: He might be way more or less experienced than you. Don’t let his relationship history make you feel weird about the fact that he’s slept with more or fewer people than you.
10. How many serious relationships he’s had: He might be a serial relationship person or never have seriously committed to anyone before. We all know from Fifty Shades of Grey and After that men can change. So at least give him a chance.
11. How much his interests align with yours: Sure, it’d be great if you’re both mega-athletes who bike 18-mile trails on the weekends, or cinephiles always going to the movies, but someone with way different interests can open you up to new experiences. And that can be romantic and fun and wonderful.
12. His sense of style: Whether he spends his whole paycheck on Saville Row suits or wears the same old cargo shorts every weekend, it doesn’t matter. (If things get really serious, you can always throw away the cargo shorts when he isn’t looking.)
13. If he’s well-traveled: People can be smart and wonderful and not have had the opportunity to explore other parts of the world. See it as an opportunity: You can explore together.
14. If his previous partner was really hot (or not): It says nothing about his tastes or how shallow he is or how he feels about you. You’re not competing with his exes — they’re gone because he likes youand not them.
15. How much money he makes: Not all rich people are snotty and terrible, and plenty of people on the lower end of the income spectrum can make you happy. Life’s true riches come from the heart … or something. I don’t know, just don’t be shallow.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Amewu unsure of new ECG owners
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race For Knockout Stage Heats Up
- 12 Exciting Talents In Europe With African Heritage
- These 5 car companies are owned by Africans and giving international brands a run for their money
- My ex-staff now hawks tiger nuts; it breaks my heart – UT’s Amoabeng
- 6 alternative ways to celebrate Ghana’s Independence Day
- EOCO to probe US $178 million contract to KelniGVG and Global Voice Group
- DCE Donates 100 bags Of Cement To Logba Tota Community For Tourist Info Centre
- Man Kills Wife, Attempts Suicide At Ashaiman
- Ghanaians descend heavily on Anas following Sannie Daara legal knockout in human rights suit
- If There's Anyone Who Disgraced The Presidency, Then It Is Kennedy Agyapong
- Those 13 months in jail were the most difficult period of my life - Kotoko star Kwame Bonsu
- Meet the security guard who took bullet for Nkrumah in an attempted assassination in 1964
- Tottenham: Doubts Over Team Mentality Will Remain Until They Win Trophy, Says Lee Dixon
- Shutdown Multi Credit Savings And Loans,Yaa Asantewaa Rural Bank in Kumasi- CVM To BoG
- Dr. Da Costa Applauds Gov’t over New Ambulances
- Ozil Ready To Frustrate Arsenal
- GN Savings to pay salary arrears of government employees, Zoomlion workers, Pensioners – CEO
- NDC has elected 'bloody' flagbearer - David Prah
- Macron Calls For France-Italy Ties To Be Mended
- Gen. Mosquito, Ofosu-Ampofo, Ponkoh, run for cover as NDC meeting turns bloody
- Ayawaso Probe: 30 Persons Conveyed To Brempong’s House To Distribute Food
- How Deputy Commissioner of Police Escaped Being Beheaded During Presidential Election
- Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru may replace Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor
- Chief Imam In London
- Work progressing on N4 footbridges
- Eric Bekoe Faces Prince Tagoe…In A Special Kotoko-Hearts Clash
- Effutu branch of GHAPS marks 2019 week celebration
- Police Mad At NPP – Says NDC
- UBA group launches full banking operations in the UK
- Multimedia Grabs Top Sports Host
- Ayawaso Probe: Eye Witness Confesses To Being An Ex-Militia
- Swedru Girls' Model Junior High School inaugurated
- Student Counsellors of UEW canvass support in the fight against Hepatitis B
- More Car Assembly Plants Coming
- Sissala East Patrons Review BECE Results After Poor Performance
- These 5 fuel stations have decreased their fuel prices despite the weak performance of the Ghanaian cedi
- Two of three bank mergers confirmed
- Ofosu-Ampofo was never clear-headed, sober enough to lead the NDC – Gyampo
- “Kotoko will qualify” - Sarfo Gyamfi
- Hohoe schools observe Ghana's 62nd independence anniversary
- Ghana needs professional Police to ensure peace - Mrs Sackey