1. His height: Don’t cross someone off your list of potential future mates just because he’s not tall enough. There’s nothing wrong with not being attracted to someone (you can’t force chemistry), but don’t ignore an obvious connection just because he’s not physically the kind of person you normally date or have pictured yourself with.
2. His body type: So he’s not as buff as the last guy you dated. But the last guy you dated was a jerk who didn’t care about you. Looks don’t last anyway.
3. Whether or not he drinks: Instead of freaking out because he doesn’t like to party or enjoys a few drinks here and there, give them a chance. Even if you’re staunchly for or against some habits, you should get to know the person first.
4. If he still lives at home: Tons of Millennials still live at home, so don’t sweat it if a potential love interest is trying to save on bills or pay off college debt. If this is why he’s living at home, that’s probably a good sign — he’s fiscally responsible, which bodes well for his (and potentially your) future.
5. His age: If you like the person you’re with, it shouldn’t matter that he was too young to remember the ’90s or too old to to have watched the same Nickelodeon cartoons as you. What’s important is that you share the same values and are obsessed with each other now. Or, as Owen Wilson says in Wedding Crashers, see him as the counterpoint to your soul.
6. Your gut reaction to his appearance: Whether you are typically drawn to the clean-cut type who gets his shirts professionally laundered or just love a dude with piercings and tattoos, don’t let someone who looks different from your “type” influence your perception of his boyfriend potential.
7. What your friends think: It’s never bad to have your friends and family meet and offer their opinions on your potential life partner, but unless they’re getting serious ax-murderer vibes or perceive a major problem, don’t take it to heart if you disagree. If they think he’s potentially physically or emotionally abusive, you should be listening. If they think he’s kind of loud or annoying or “not talkative enough,” you shouldn’t worry.
8. What he does for a living: Unless his job is something actively horrible, like designated puppy kicker, don’t let it frighten you off. He also might not fit the stereotype of others in his profession. Not all finance guys are total douchebags, after all.
9. How many people he’s slept with: He might be way more or less experienced than you. Don’t let his relationship history make you feel weird about the fact that he’s slept with more or fewer people than you.
10. How many serious relationships he’s had: He might be a serial relationship person or never have seriously committed to anyone before. We all know from Fifty Shades of Grey and After that men can change. So at least give him a chance.
11. How much his interests align with yours: Sure, it’d be great if you’re both mega-athletes who bike 18-mile trails on the weekends, or cinephiles always going to the movies, but someone with way different interests can open you up to new experiences. And that can be romantic and fun and wonderful.
12. His sense of style: Whether he spends his whole paycheck on Saville Row suits or wears the same old cargo shorts every weekend, it doesn’t matter. (If things get really serious, you can always throw away the cargo shorts when he isn’t looking.)
13. If he’s well-traveled: People can be smart and wonderful and not have had the opportunity to explore other parts of the world. See it as an opportunity: You can explore together.
14. If his previous partner was really hot (or not): It says nothing about his tastes or how shallow he is or how he feels about you. You’re not competing with his exes — they’re gone because he likes youand not them.
15. How much money he makes: Not all rich people are snotty and terrible, and plenty of people on the lower end of the income spectrum can make you happy. Life’s true riches come from the heart … or something. I don’t know, just don’t be shallow.
Most Watched Videos
Most Read News
- Eyeing the White House: The Democratic Field
- NDC presidential election slated for 23rd February 2019
- National Cathedral: Public Concerns Will Be Address – Duncan Williams
- Gov't Has The Power To Confiscate Assets Of Menzgold - Ato Forson
- Two Ghanaians Wants Injunction Placed On Referendum For New Regions
- Electoral Commission Sets January 31, 2019 For Ayawaso West Wuogon Bye-Election
- Ghana Revenue Authority To Auction Forfeited Cars And Goods Dec 27 To Mop-Up Revenue
- Stephen Appiah Gets Special Birthday Message From Juventus
- Mistletoe is actually a tree-killing parasite — here's how it became a Christmas icon
- Signs of better and brighter tomorrow very clear- Akufo-Addo says in Christmas message
- ‘I invest Ghc760,000 all lock inside, if President Akufo-Addo no speak we go die’ – Menzgold customer
- Implement UN conventions on refugee status - Sam George
- Christian Atsu is weakest link in Newcastle United shirt - Fans rating
- Why red and green are the colors of Christmas
- EC sets Januay 31, 2019 for Ayawaso West by-election
- Christmas Greetings To You All
- Obasanjo: It's Our Responsibility To Work For Peace In Nigeria
- Shock As Nigerian Man Dies 3 Weeks To His Wedding
- Musician Continue To Play His Guitar As Doctors Operate On His Brain (Photo)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- We Need Money To Celebrate Christmas - Lagos Bank Robbers
- Late Alex Badeh's Killers Release His Kidnapped Friend
- Powerful trio cast a shadow over Congo poll
- BRING IT ON!: Kotoko-Sharks Proves Ghanaians Are Ready For Regular Football
- Stephen Appiah Receives Condolence From Fenerbahce After Losing Mum
- Christmas: Let us pay attention to the next good – Rev Opuni-Frimpong
- Christians celebrate Christmas today
- Ghanaians ‘have everything to celebrate’ this Christmas – NPP
- Akwa Ibom Finally Approve Big Stadium For Buhari
- Robbers Kill OAU Student For Refusing To Surrender iPhone
- President Buhari's Christmas Message To Nigerians
- Drunk BRT Driver Flees After Knocking Down Naval Officer’s Wife In Lagos
- Nigeria resolves $8 bln row with MTN
- All Set For Cabic Christmas Eve Fight Night Boxing at Bukom Boxing Arena
- Jessie Lartey Commends Boxing Ghana
- Thomas Partey denies being unhappy at Atletico Madrid
- Be careful corruption doesn't ‘kill’ your Government – IMANI warns Akufo-Addo
- Summer Hills Estates: Where we call home
- LIVESTREAMING: Badwam on Adom TV
- EC sets date for Ayawaso West-Wuogon by-election
- CBN, MTN resolve forex repatriation issue as MTN agrees to pay $52.6 million
- 5 things to remove from your wedding budget in 2018